Geert Wilders (1963) has run the Party for Freedom since founding it in 2006. He was previously a Member of Parliament for the VVD from 1998-2004. Between 1990 and 1998 he worked for the Liberal Party as policy advisor on socio-economic affairs and as a speech writer.
Wilders has commented that "The Koran is a fascist book which incites violence. That is why this book, just like [Adolf Hitler's] Mein Kampf, must be banned." He has created further controversy by referring to some Moroccan migrants as ‘scum’, despite having been found guilty of inciting discrimination following similar remarks on earlier occasions.
He calls for:
- Exit from the European Union by referendum
- Complete ban on asylum and no more immigration from Muslim countries
- Revocation of all temporary asylum permits issued and shutting down all refugee centres
- Banning Dutch rebel fighters in the Syrian Civil War from returning to the Netherlands
- Closing down all mosques and Islamic schools and banning the Koran
- Spending 2 billion Euros extra for military and police.